“20” Questions, Pt. 1
I realize many people new to me, this site or my FB don’t know much about me outside of the fact that I want to be a fit mommy. As with any woman, I’m so much more than that. I’m more than my job, I’m more than a mom or wife and I’m more than a fitness enthusiast. If I want you to share with me, if I am going to continue to share with you, we’ve all gotta get to know a little bit about one another. Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship doesn’t it? I hope so. So much like I tend to be, I’m going play a random game of 20 Questions with you. BUT instead of the full 20 (which can get tedious for you and my Gemini mind) I’m going to break it up into four parts just to make it interesting.
So gather round my camp fire folks for a game of “20 / 4 = 5 Questions”.
I found this list of questions during a Google search and I thought – why not? I’d love to hear how others answer some of these questions and I have to tell you, it was pretty fun answering them myself. I hope you play along as well and share some answers with me, but in the meantime – here goes:
First the basics just so you know who you’re dealing with. These are not a part of the 20 questions.
- My name is Rania and I’m a full-time working wife and mother who crafts her living as a Sr Marketing Manager for a major fitness brand
- I turn 43 near the end of May (hey Gemini’s!) and I am working on my Skittles addiction
- I’m the mom of 4 kiddos 20, 17, 9 and 6-1/2. 3 boys/1 girl and she’s the baby of the bunch.
- I’m in an interracial marriage and have been married 6 years to my husband J but we’ve been together (on/off) basically 15 years
- I was married previously to my oldest sons’ father straight out of college. We eloped in Vegas. Little White Chapel. At least it wasn’t the drive thru.
- I’m very laid back, don’t take myself too seriously and love to laugh. Comedy Central on Sirius XM is on 24/7 in my car (well, when the kids aren’t in it because, you know…language)
Now – to the FUN stuff! Questions 1-5:
- 3 Turn Offs:
(1) Slow drivers, (2) Judgmental people and, (3) People who are cruel to animals or children. These are obviously not in order because my biggest issue would be 1,000,000% #3 – AKA the “cowards” of the land. I may look like a hard ass (I can’t help my #restingbitchyface), but trust me, I’m a big softy and sad stories about babies and animals get me.every.time.
- 3 Turn Ons: Oma’goodness. This one is kind of hard. Do I remain PG or go full metal jacket on ya? Well, seeing as how I’d like you to stick around for at least the end of the 20 question posts, I’ll go easy on you. To ME, “turn ons” aren’t necessarily sexual in nature. Turn ons are things that make you “feel”, that fascinate you or really pique your interest. People, places or things you can’t help but want to see, touch, read, smell, hear or be near so that’s what I based my “PG” turn ons on.
(1) Creative/Artistic People. I guess this is why I’ve almost exclusively dated or have been drawn to creative men. Designers, architects, artists, musicians and comedians – yes, comedians. There is nothing that changes my mood better than a good laugh (remember how I said I love to laugh?). Which leads me to # 2…
(2) Humor or Wit. I guess technically funny people are “creative”. I mean, people with great senses of humor see things differently than the general population. They can make you see things in the smallest of details that you probably never would have seen otherwise. Dry, dirty, political, quirky. It doesn’t matter to me. I love it all! My favorite professional comedians of the moment are: Hannibal Burris, Patton Oswald, Kevin Hart and Jo Koi, just to name a few.
(3) Good Food! hahah! This one surprised even me but for some reason food came to my mind and I got all geeked out. Much like witty folks, good food is something that will make my lose my mind when it’s really good. My favorite food? Indian. Chicken Vindaloo to be exact. F- the rice, just pour the sauce in my hand!
- Phobias. Outside of my kids being hurt, there isn’t much more that scares me. I’m not afraid of spiders (although roaches can suck it). I’m not afraid of snakes. I’m not (entirely) afraid of heights and speaking in public, although terrifying, isn’t the end of the road for me. No, what I’m afraid of would probably in a million years never happen to me. I’m afraid of roller coasters.
But not just the roller coaster itself. I’m afraid of a roller coaster car running/falling or flipping off the track. Anyone see Final Destination? Yeah. I’m pretty much done with coasters. #dontjudge
BONUS! This bares no required explanation. I KNOW I’m not the only one!
On to more PLEASANT images now…
(4) Celebrity Crush. Since I assume my crush should be still living (sorry, River Phoenix!), I’d have to go with Jude Law.
I adore him. Those eyes, that accent, his ability to go from innocent and awkward to dangerous and quick-tempered in a blink of an eye. Mm-mmm! My husband already knows. That’s my Hall Pass. I had a little falling out with Jude, though when he and Sadie Frost divorced, and again when he started dating Sienna Miller, and then once MORE when he CHEATED on Sienna Miller and fathered a child with some…someone – but at least, for me, strictly based on looks alone – he’s a HOT-TIE.
5. Smoke/Drink. I don’t smoke but I do love to imbibe every once in a while (or more) with a good drink. I have favorites based on what I’m doing. If I’m chilling at home watching a movie or trying to decompress from the day, it’s a nice glass of red wine. If I’m out at a bar or restaurant with friends, its wine or a tumbler of Makers plain or with coke. If I’m dancing, it’s a shot of something because that’s pretty much the ONLY way you’ll get to see me ‘dance’. Seriously…they don’t call it liquid courage for nothing. LOL
So that’s it me for now. My first 5 questions. How’d I do?
Share in the comments or on Facebook at A Fit Mom’s Life.
I’d love you to share your top 5 answers with me!